Summer is coming and with it, the high temperatures. While the holidays arrive, it is convenient to know where the best are Waterparks to combat the suffocating heat in Spain during this season. Here are some of the most popular ones to spend a refreshing day outdoors in places like Benidorm, Canary Islands or Catalonia.
Those located on the peninsula open between May and June and close their doors towards the end of September. Those located in the Canary Islands are open throughout the year but depending on the season, the opening and closing hours are different.
Benidorm (Valencian Community)
- Aqualand (Benidorm) On the Mediterranean coast is this theme park that opens during the summer. At the end of May it will be open to the public from 10 am to 19 pm throughout the season. It closes on September 30. It was the first water park in this famous Alicante resort town. Aqualandia has fifteen great water attractions adapted for any age and intensity. The highest slide in Europe and the highest capsule slide in the world are at Aqualandia.
- Aqua Nature (Benidorm) This water park opened its doors on May 15 and will offer its services until October 31 at different times. During June, July, August and September it opens at 10.30 am and closes at 18.30 pm. From May 15 to 31 and the month of October it will be open from 11 a.m. to 17 p.m. It is a 40.000 square meter water park that offers visitors multiple activities to do as it has a wave pool, slides, children's pool, lighthouse breakwater and solarium-SPA.
- Costa Caribe Aquatic Park (Salou) It is the water park of the famous Port Aventura. It opened its doors on Saturday May 23 and will close on September 20. From June 20 to September 6 you can enjoy these facilities from 10.30 am to 19 pm. In the Costa Caribe Aquatic Park of PortAventura You can go rafting, slide down dizzying slides or relax on a deck chair, delighting in the mix of the murmur of the waves that reach the sand. It has numerous bars and restaurants to recharge your batteries.
- Water World (Lloret de Mar) This park located in Gerona opened its doors on May 18. During the month of June and from September 1 to 13, it will be accessible from 10 a.m. to 18.30 p.m. The months of July and August it will be open until 19:XNUMX p.m. Water World has a set of attractions aimed at both children and adults. Here everyone will be able to enjoy different attractions such as: wave pools, fast rivers, slides, kamikazes and the fantastic soft slopes.
- Aquopolis Costa Dorada (La Pineda) On May 15, this aquatic complex located in Tarragona opened to the public. The hours offered from its opening until June 30 and from September 1 to 20 will be from 11 a.m. to 18 p.m. What differentiates the Aquopolis Costa Dorada from the rest of the water parks in the area is that it has a dolphinarium where you can interact with dolphins. For the rest, it has water attractions for both children and adults. Some of the most popular for kids are Funny Jungle or Minipark, but adults can get a thrill on Kamikaze and Splash.
- Siam Park (Adeje) The lucky ones who live in the south of Tenerife can enjoy this water park all year round. The summer season began on May 1 and will end on October 31, with a schedule from 10 a.m. to 18 p.m. The rest of the year, this schedule is reduced by one hour, from 10 am to 17 pm. Siam Park has fun attractions for the whole family. One of the most popular is its wave pool where you can surf. They have the largest artificial wave in the world at 3 meters high!
- Costa Martianez (Puerto de la Cruz) If you live in the northern part of the Tenerife island, you can enjoy this complex considered a theme park from June 1 to September 15 from 10 a.m. to 19 p.m. The rest of the year they open from 10 a.m. to 18 p.m., except on December 24 and 31, which close at 15 p.m. Costa Martínez has an artificial lake of about 27.000 cubic meters of seawater that enhances the other four swimming pools for adults and three for children, all of them with original layout and beauty. A wide range of bars, restaurants and kiosks gives the complex a special vitality.