If there is a little known but beautiful coast where there are, it is without a doubt Dampier, the virgin coast of Australia. I saw her the other day in a documentary and I fell in love with her… It is one of those places that you see in photographs in a magazine and you quickly run to write her name in that notebook that is titled «Promised trips».
I did not know absolutely anything about this coast and researching I have not only seen wonderful images, which I will not share with you today in this article, but I have also found many more reasons to visit it. If it catches your eye or you have been so in love with it with the first image, as I did, read on.
The Dampier archipelago
Dampier is a archipelago formed by offshore islands of Australia. It is located near the city of only 1.372 inhabitants that bears the same name, Dampier. Its name was received by an English buccaneer and explorer who visited this area in 1699, William Dampier.
They are in a total Islas 31 whose names are the most original, and if you do not judge yourself: East Middle Intercourse, West Intercourse, West Middle Intercourse, Keast, Kendrew, Lady Nora, Legendre, East Lewis, West Lewis, Malus, Mawby, Mistaken, Rosemary, Tidepole , Tozer and Wilcox, Angel, Brigadier, Cohen, Conzinc, Delambre, Dolphin, Eaglehawk, Enderby, Egret, Gidley, Goodwyn, Haycock, Huay, Intercourse, and lastly, East Intercourse.
Unique places that must be seen in case of visiting this beautiful Australian archipelago, are Broome, the pearl of the area, and the Cape Leveque, full of wild, authentic beauty and an astonishing Aboriginal landscape.
Tourism and lodging
If you visit the area, you should know that accommodation types are very recurrent there 'Bed & Breaksfast' And although there are many wonderful ones, one of the ones that I liked the most at first glance is 'Pinctada McAlpine House ' in Broome.
This accommodation is located just 5 minutes' drive from the center of Broome and the Town beach. It offers free Wi-Fi, free breakfast and an outdoor pool. This historic property was built in 1910 and later converted into luxurious accommodation. It has elegant suites, all equipped with a minibar, a refrigerator and a complete set of tea and coffee. Some have a private patio with garden views.
For those who like golf, you will be pleased to know that this site is just 5 minutes by car from the Monzón Gallery and the golf course of Broome. The Broome Hovercraft Adventure Tours It is 9 minutes by car.
Activities you can do
If we are on vacation or resting for a few days, not everything is going to be sleeping and being in "Mondays in the Sun" mode ... Dampier is a place to enjoy and since we do not want you to miss the possibility of discovering its islands in all their essence, here We recommend some activities that you can do if you are lucky enough to visit their area:
- Make boat trip along the coast of Western Australia.
- Bathing in Edith Falls, a spectacular waterfall located in the Nitmiluk National Park.
- Visit Windjana Gorge National Park, with an area of 2.134 hectares, which exhibits a spectacular canyon originated by the Lennard River. One of those places that no matter how much you travel you don't see every day ...
- Enter with a off-road along the slopes of Cape Leveque to admire its wild beaches ... They are beautiful!
- Camel ride by different points of the Australian region. These camels were brought from India and Afghanistan, and are one of the preferred means of transport for tourists visiting the area.
- Watch the sunset from any of its beaches ... They have a different color than we see every day.
- And if you have much more time, you should do the cruise ship Willie Pearl Lugger, which runs along the entire unspoiled coastline of Australia.
We hope and hope that Dampier, as of today, becomes a desired destination for many of you thanks to our article… What if we choose it as a destination for our future vacations? We'll see you there!